Lately (and this is probably why I’ve been in the MIA mode here at VQ), I’ve been discovering the world. Now, I don’t mean that I’ve been traveling. I’m just- you guessed it – learning what I can about countries and cultures.
And. I. Am. Amazed.
And blown away. And spellbound. And awestruck. If anything has challenged my thinking, my behavior and my dreams recently, it’s this world we live in. I want to see it. As much as God allows me to.
Okay, so here’s a quick list of what I want to do/see in this big world of ours,
1. I want to kick fear (of heights) on its face by standing on the Kjeragbolten boulder in Norway. And Preikestolen as well.
2. I want to witness, firsthand, the magic of the Aurora Borealis.
3. I want to visit my friends from Mongolia. And perhaps, attend a wedding there. FYI: They have some of the most fascinating traditional wedding costumes. Ever.
4. I want to say “감사합니다”, “안녕하세요” and “안녕” like a real South Korean. And meet Song Seung Heon. I heart this guy.
5. I want to spend time worshiping Jesus with my friends from Ghana, Nigeria, and South Sudan.
6. I want to see the Cristo Redentor in Brazil. For real.
For those who have traveled: Where have you traveled to? What was one amazing thing you discovered there? Feel free to share some of your travel stories.
For those who, like me, are waiting to travel: What’s one place you’ve always wanted to visit? And, why?